Lewis completes $20m switch to Newcastle from Norwich

first_imgJamal Lewis has completed a switch to Newcastle for a reported fee of £15million ($20 million) from Norwich on TuesdayAdvertisement Newcastle said in a statement: “Highly-rated full-back Jamal Lewis has become Newcastle United’s fifth signing of the summer after joining the Magpies from Norwich City.“The Northern Ireland international has signed a five-year contract at St. James’ Park after earning rave reviews for his performances last season despite the Canaries’ relegation from the Premier League.”The 22-year-old impressed in 34 appearances last season despite Norwich failing to beat the drop in their first season back in the top flight. The left-back Lewis, who had attracted interest from Liverpool earlier in the transfer window, has agreed a five-year contract at St James’ Park. Loading… center_img Read Also: No more Messi chase for now, says Inter vice-presidentNewcastle boss Steve Bruce added: “Jamal is a very exciting prospect. I watched him flourish in the Championship two years ago and he made a real fist of it in the Premier League last season.”Lewis is Newcastle’s third signing in two days after England striker Callum Wilson and Scotland winger Ryan Fraser joined on Monday.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Playing Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoJason Statham Bought And Sold A Multi-Million Dollar HouseBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The Worldlast_img read more

DDTV – WATCH OUT FOR THE BLACK ICE ACROSS DONEGAL!

first_imgBLACK ICE is the film on everyone’s lips.The film, which is broadly about boy racers, has hit cinemas across Donegal this weekend. The film features two local actor Danny Connaghan and Jason Matthews from Termon and Rathmullan.Here they give their views on the film, what it’s all about and why you have to go to see it!SIMPLY CLICK TO PLAY THE VIDEO.  DDTV – WATCH OUT FOR THE BLACK ICE ACROSS DONEGAL! was last modified: September 20th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:black iceCinemasfilmlast_img read more

MAC LOCHLAINN WARNING OVER MORTGAGE ARREARS

first_imgPadraig Mac Lochlainn TDDonegal Sinn Féin TD Pádraig Mac Lochlainn has appealed to the Minister of Finance to do more to support families in mortgage arrears and to ensure that homes are not threatened by exorbitant increase in mortgage rates again.He was speaking this evening on Sinn Féin’s proposal to empower the Central Bank or limit or cap variable mortgage interest ratesDeputy Mac Lochlainn said: “Back in February of this year, there were some 271 people facing repossession in just one court sitting in a Donegal court. The people affected by this crisis are ordinary people. They are constituents that I deal with every week. There have been a total of 351 homes repossessed or surrendered in this State during the first quarter of 2015 alone. “These are ordinary people, kicked from their homes and directly into hostels or other emergency accommodation and a homeless system that is not fit for purpose.“What’s happening to the mortgage holders in this State is scandalous.“For the first time, here is a bill to provide for a legal process whereby the Regulator can set a maximum cap on the standard variable rate that the covered institutions can charge. The Minister for Finance will be able to urge the Regulator to undertake a review which could lead to this rate being set.“It’s a solution that gives the Minister and the Central Bank the real power to deal with this crisis. “We cannot wait, as has been suggested by this Government, until the Budget to deal with this crisis. The banks are ripping off mortgage holders and inaction is not an option. I urge the Minister to re-consider his position and have the decency to help those mortgage holders who are in trouble by making the banks fulfill their moral obligation to give something back.MAC LOCHLAINN WARNING OVER MORTGAGE ARREARS was last modified: June 11th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:arrearsinterest ratesMortgagePadraig Mac LochlainnSinn FeinTSlast_img read more