The former Italy and Juventus manager has been embroiled in a turbulent campaign marred by his feud with the club’s hierarchy over their failure to back his transfer plans.Conte is also said to have infuriated several Chelsea stars with his intense personality and regimented training sessions.Cahill believes a decision must be made one way or the other so Chelsea, whose fifth-placed finish in the Premier League means they miss out on Champions League football next season, can prepare for the new campaign.Asked what it would take for the Blues to move on and make the necessary close-season preparations, Cahill said: “Probably for the uncertainty to be put to bed and for whatever’s going to happen to happen.“It’s out of our hands. We have to try to deliver on the pitch. We fell short in some aspects this season but (on Saturday) we produced. The rest behind the scenes is not down to us.”Conte signed an improved contract last summer, but not an extension, to his three-year deal that expires in June 2019.And after winning the FA Cup the Italian said he “can’t change” and is a “serial winner”, effectively calling for the club, owned by Roman Abramovich, to back him or sack him.“All I can say is it’s been a great finish,” said Cahill. “If the manager stays on next year, he stays on.“If he doesn’t, he’s gone away with a Premier League and FA Cup. I think that’s something everyone at the club can be proud of. We really had to win this game to save the season.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Chelsea captain Gary Cahill celebrates winning the FA Cup at Wembley © AFP / Glyn KIRKLONDON, United Kingdom, May 21 – Chelsea captain Gary Cahill has called for “the uncertainty to be put to bed” over the future of Antonio Conte, with the Italian widely expected to be on his way out of the club.The Blues beat Manchester United 1-0 in the FA Cup final on Saturday as Conte won his second trophy in English football after capturing the Premier League title in his first campaign.
0Shares0000Britain’s Nigel Levine in action in the 4x400m relay at the 2016 Olympics in Rio © AFP/File / PEDRO UGARTELONDON, United Kingdom, Nov 20 – British sprinter Nigel Levine has been suspended from all sport for four years after testing positive for banned drug clenbuterol, UK Anti-Doping announced on Tuesday.Levine failed a drugs test on November 24 last year and it emerged in February that he had been provisionally suspended. Announcing the four-year ban on Tuesday, UKAD said the 29-year-old’s ban will be backdated to December 13, 2017 and run until December 12, 2021.Levine was part of Britain’s 4×400 metre relay team that competed at the 2016 Rio Olympics and is a European indoor and outdoor gold medallist in the event as well as a three-time world indoor medallist.He failed the test having only just returned to training after being involved in a serious motorbike accident with British sprinter James Ellington in January 2017.Clenbuterol is an anabolic agent prohibited at all times under global anti-doping rules.“All athletes must adhere to the principle of strict liability, and are solely responsible for any substances found in their system,” said UKAD chief executive Nicole Sapstead.“Mr Levine is an elite athlete, who has competed at the Olympic Games, European and World Championships, and has received significant anti-doping education throughout his career.“It is up to role models such as Mr Levine to uphold the highest standards when it comes to anti-doping, ensuring they check all supplements thoroughly and are 100 percent certain they know that what they are consuming is not prohibited.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Florian Thauvin 1 Newcastle have signed Marseille winger Florian Thauvin on a five-year contract, the Barclays Premier League club have announced.The 22-year-old Frenchman came through a medical on Wednesday and committed to the club until 2020.As part of the deal to bring Thauvin to St James’ Park, Remy Cabella heads the other way on a season-long loan, which will become a permanent move next summer.“I am delighted to be a Newcastle United player,” said Thauvin on Newcastle’s website. “I have come from France to a really big club and am very happy to be here.“It is a big honour to know that Newcastle have been after me for such a long time and that they wanted me that much.“They have put their trust in me and I am looking forward to playing for the team.”Newcastle United head coach Steve McClaren added: “Florian is a player the Club have been watching for a long time and I am delighted that we have been able to sign him.“He is a perfect signing for this club – someone who is young, with great potential and is one of the best young players in Europe.“He is an exciting, creative talent who can score goals and make assists, and we believe he will have a very bright future at Newcastle.”
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre Carona was also stripped of his security clearance on Nov. 1 as a matter of policy, Orluskie said. The federal indictment accuses Carona and two close friends of conspiring to get him elected in 1998 so he could use his position to enrich himself and those close to him. Carona’s wife, Deborah, and his alleged mistress, Debra Hoffman, have pleaded not guilty to similar charges. His friends, who were later appointed assistant sheriffs, have pleaded guilty to lesser federal charges in exchange for their cooperation in the case against Carona. For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out the Daily News’ crime blog by clicking here. SANTA ANA – Orange County Sheriff Michael Carona has resigned from a federal Homeland Security task force and been stripped of his security clearance because of federal corruption charges against him. Carona, 52, has pleaded not guilty to one count of conspiracy, four counts of mail fraud and two counts of witness tampering in a sweeping indictment unsealed last month. Carona, head of the nation’s fifth-largest sheriff’s department, went on a paid, 60-day leave to deal with the allegations. Carona’s spokesman, Michael Schroeder, said the sheriff voluntarily resigned from the federal task force, but a government spokesman said he was asked to resign. “It’s not a pre-judgment or saying we find him guilty,” said Larry Orluskie, a spokesman with the Department of Homeland Security. “But it’s the fact that his focus is on his indictment and no longer supporting the department, or the Homeland Security Advisory Council.”
Talented students from across Donegal are celebrating the anniversary of St Cecilia, the Patron Saint of Music with a number of free concerts.The concerts are open to everyone and it’s a chance to support and encourage the young performers.Go along to An tSean Bheairic, Falcarragh, tonight at 7.30pm to enjoy the music. Another concert takes place tonight at the Regional Cultural Centre at 7pm and at 11am on Saturday also at the RCC.The concerts have been organised by the Donegal Music Education Partnership.FREE CONCERTS TONIGHT TO CELEBRATE THE PATRON SAINT OF MUSIC was last modified: November 21st, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DONEGAL musicRCCSt Cecilia
LATEST Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ Latest Transfer stories from talkSPORT.com Arnautovic scored eleven goals for West Ham in the 2017/18 season moving on Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father 1 REVEALED The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star targets The 29-year-old flourished under David Moyes during the latter stages of last season, helping the Hammers avoid the drop.However, new boss Manuel Pellegrini’s big-spending exploits during the summer window so far suggest Arnautovic’s time at the London Stadium could be up.The Hammers have already drafted in seven new players, including paying a club record fee of £42 million to land highly-rated attacker Felipe Anderson from Lazio. Marko Arnautovic could be on the way out of West Ham United, with the club reportedly willing to listen to offers for the Austrian hitman.Manchester United and Roma are understood to be interested in the 29-year-old, who joined the Hammers for a club-record fee last summer from Stoke City. LIVING THE DREAM Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti RANKED IN DEMAND targets After struggling for form and fitness in the first half of the season, the former Inter Milan forward began to hit his stride in east London.Arnautovic bagged 11 goals in 35 appearances last term after Slaven Bilic left the club in November.
Julia, left, celebrates her birthday this week with flowers and right, sh stands at her home in Rathmullan which she lived in for 104 years.A Donegal woman who has just turned 106 has put her long life down to a hardy lifestyle – and not buying food from shops!Julia McAteer, who is originally from Rathmullan, now lives at Nazareth Housing nursing home in Fahan.But for 104 years of her life she lived outside Rathmullan in this tiny one-roomed house. And for 90 of those years this remarkable woman got by without electricity or running water.She insists that shop bought food just isn’t as good as home grown.She is registered in the 1911 Census of Ireland as a 3 year old.Julia is a non-drinker, a non-smoker and worked hard down the years. She never married and has led a very independent life. She was surrounded by her family including grand nephews and nieces for her birthday. JULIA (106) ON HOW TO LIVE A LONG LIFE was last modified: August 29th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:106birthdayJulia McAteerRathmullan
Joe Brolly has said he is still in awe of Jim McGuinness despite Donegal being mauled by Mayo in the All-Ireland quarter final.The former Derry star said coaches around the country including Kerry boss Eamonn Fitzmaurice are now copying the Glenties man’s approach.He says he admits that Donegal football was often ugly but the whole point was always to win. “As I pointed out repeatedly during the McGuinness experiment, there is no contradiction between admiring his extraordinary achievements yet decrying the ugliness of their football.“Turning a stag party into All-Ireland champions in the space of two years is the most remarkable phenomenon I have witnessed,” said Brolly.He added that sometimes in football people are cock of the walk, the next a feather duster.But the RTE pundit, writing in his Mail on Sunday column adds “McGuinness will never be a feather duster…” McGUINNESS TURNED A STAG PARTY INTO ALL-IRELAND CHAMPS – BROLLY was last modified: August 12th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalJim McGuinnessJOE BROLLY
A general alert message has been issued for the whereabouts of three vehicles offering tarmacking for driveways.The three vehicles at the centre of the alert are a white Transit van, a silver Vauxhall car and another Ford Transit with a partial registration of N11.These descriptions have been issued through the text alert scheme and all three are believed to be operating together. Anybody with any information on their possible whereabouts or sighing of them should contact Letterkenny Gardai.Crime alert: Warning issued about three suspicious vehicles was last modified: October 12th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Injury-time goals by Bobby Zamora and Ravel Morrison gave QPR a dramatic win at the Riverside Stadium.See also:Late goals earn QPR win at MiddlesbroughQPR looked like a team again – RedknappMiddlesbrough v QPR player ratingsFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook