Comments Tags Netflix’s Marvel Defenders shows were all canceled. Sarah Shatz/Netflix The sprawling beast that is Disney has, it turns out, a downside. Jeph Loeb, chief of Marvel TV, suggested he’d been left out of the loop when it came to Netflix canceling its Marvel TV shows, following the streamer’s breakup with Marvel TV overlord Disney.”The hardest part was while the situation at Netflix of which I really can’t go into other than to say that we were blindsided and the things that were to come weren’t finished yet,” Loeb said in an interview with Deadline published on Monday.In 2017 Disney dropped the bombshell that it would be pulling all its movies from Netflix by 2019 and not renewing its contract with the streamer. While it got on with plans for its own mammoth streamer, Netflix went on to cancel its Marvel TV shows Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Punisher. The heroes in the first four of those shows had formed the groundbreaking Defenders crossover miniseries in 2017.Outside Netflix, many streamers that share Disney corporate parenthood currently host Marvel TV shows. Two of those on different platforms will see another groundbreaking crossover: Cloak & Dagger on Freeform and Runaways on Hulu.Loeb touched on what Marvel TV looks for in a streamer relationship. “A lot of times the reason why Marvel lands on a platform is because of the people. When they get it, when they want us,” Loeb said.Red flags come in the form of big agendas.”I’ve been on the other side of that, I’ve been the writer producer, who’s tried to work with the network, and there’s a whole agenda that’s going on that you don’t know anything about, you’re just making your show,” said Loeb, who’s written for Smallville and Heroes.In talking about Marvel TV’s embrace of animated shows, including the idea of an animated Deadpool, Loeb brought up the Defenders and confirmed he was putting together a team of heroes again but in the world of animation. This band of misfits, including Howard the Duck, will be known as the Offenders and have a place on Hulu. Loeb also confirmed Ghost Rider and Helstrom projects are in the pipeline.One thing Loeb had to clear up is that Marvel Studios, not Marvel Television, is in charge of all those Disney Plus shows coming out, like Loki and Hawkeye. He did confirm Marvel TV is going to do shows with Disney Plus, but has no announcements for us yet.Netflix and Disney did not have a comment, while Marvel TV have not yet responded to a request for comment. 7 Share your voice TV and Movies 2019 TV shows you can’t miss 50 Photos Marvel Netflix
Kapil Sharma and Navjot Singh SidhuTwitterThere’s no denying that Navjot Singh Sidhu was one of the most essential part of The Kapil Sharma Show. From his shero-shayari to his genuine laughter to his bonding with Kapil Sharma to his anecdotes, Sidhu has never failed to entertain and keep the audience thoroughly engaged throughout the show. But the show’s charm was lost in the misdt of a social media rainstorm against Sidhu over his comment on the dastardly Pulwama attack and the latter’s position was filled by Archana Puran Singh as his replacement as the co-host of the show. Since then, The Kapil Sharma Show has been experiencing ups and downs in its TRP rating.It was reported that the show’s producer Salman Khan along with the channel have been waiting for matters to calm down so that they can bring Sidhu back on the show. The channel had reportedly asked Kapil Sharma and his team to refrain from commenting on the controversy. But, after a long silence of weeks, Kapil has finally opened up about Sidhu’s return to The Kapil Sharma Show as the co-host and when he will be joining the team once again.Kapil recently attended HT Most Stylish Awards 2019 and also interacted with the media talking about his style statements, his style icon and his upcoming projects. During the interaction, when Kapil was asked to comment on Sidhu’s return, he said that “Sidhu paaji is currently busy with the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. I had spoken to him regarding his return to the show. So I feel that till this elections campaigning is going on, I don’t there’s any chance for him to come back on the show. But after the elections, Sidhu’s return is inevitable.”Going by Kapil’s words, it looks like Sidhu will soon entertain the audience with his witty banter with Kapil and floor his guests with his shero-shayari and an explosion of his inimitable laughter.Take a look what Kapil Sharma said about Navjot Singh Sidhu’s return.
Wipro Ltd is likely to promote its group president and chief operating officer (COO) Abid Ali Neemuchwala as CEO early next year, when TK Kurien’s term ends.Wipro, India’s third biggest IT firm, is likely to make its current CEO Kurien, whose five-year term will expire in January next year, vice-chairman of the company.The new appointments will be announced by Wipro in early 2016, according to sources.”Any such decision will be taken by the Board of Directors based on the recommendation of the Nominations Committee and will be communicated to the stock exchanges. We don’t want to comment any further on this speculation,” Business Standard quoted Wipro as saying in a statement.In October, the Bengaluru-based Wipro was said to have been contemplating to extend the tenure of Kurien by at least one year in a bid to buy time to scout for a new CEO.The reports on Wipro looking for a new CEO had surfaced after it promoted three executives as presidents and roped in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) veteran Abid Ali Neemuchwala as its COO earlier this year. Neemuchwala was seen as the “contender” for the top post.Following Neemuchwala’s appointment as COO and group president, Wipro has witnessed many restructuring initiatives aimed at having a “better control” over the company’s performance. The restructuring process has seen a few top level executives leaving Wipro. Ayan Mukerji, a company veteran who headed the media and telecom business, and Sangita Singh, head of healthcare business, were among those exits.In April, Wipro had elevated Rishad Premji, the eldest son of promoter Azim Premji, to the company board as a wholetime director, effective from 1 May.Industry watchers had speculated that the elevation of Rishad was a step towards grooming him to assume the top role at a later stage, although Azim Premji had always said that Rishad would not be appointed the chief executive.
Road Accident logoAt least 30 people were injured when a bus plunged into the Bangshai river in Madhupur upazila of Tangail on Tuesday morning.The Dhaka-bound bus of Binimoy Paribahan plunged into the river in the area around 9:15am, said Madhupur police station and fire service officials saidThe injured were rushed to Madhupur Upazila Health Complex. Four of them then were taken to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital in critical condition, the police added.
nonameOver 1,000 tourists have got stranded at the St Martin’s coral island in the Bay of Bengal due to inclement weather, reports UNB.Local administration asked the tourists not to leave the island until the weather improves, said Hasib Uddin Badal, vice-president of Cox’s Bazar Tour Operators’ Association.The authorities suspended vessel movement on Teknaf-St Martin’s route due to rough sea under the influence of depression over the Bay.However, all the tourists are now safe, said Hasib Uddin.On 5 March, around 3,000 tourists went to the island. Among them, 1,100 tourists did not return for passing night over there.Rabiul Hasan, upazila nirbahi officer of Teknaf upazila, said the tourists would be brought back to Teknaf once the weather gets normal.The maritime ports of Chattogram, Cox’s Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to hoist local cautionary signal No three due to frequent thunderstorms and squally weather.Under the influence of frequent thunderstorm, a squally weather is likely to affect the maritime ports, North Bay and adjoining coastal areas of Bangladesh, said a Met office bulletin.All fishing boats and trawlers over the North Bay have been advised to proceed with caution until further notice.Rain, thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty/squally wind is likely to occur at one or two places over Chattogram and Sylhet divisions.
Share Listen To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Al OrtizMayor Sylvester Turner is hailing the Texas House’s approval of Houston’s pension reform plan as historic. Turner is warning, though, that some of the House’s amendments could defeat the purpose of the reforms by adding hundreds of millions of dollars to the final price tag.The amendments include one by Houston Representative Dwayne Bohac, which would exempt retired firefighters from the plan’s provisions. Leaders of the firefighters’ pension fund have been among the strongest opponents of the reforms.Speaking at City Hall, Mayor Turner said he was confident House and Senate negotiators would strike the amendment from the final bill. “If it remains on,” he said, “it would cost about $27 million a year, $400 million over the life of the deal. That one has to get jettisoned.”If Governor Greg Abbott signs the reforms into law, Houston voters may still have to give their approval to a bond package in November.“If the police officers, if their pension system doesn’t get the pension obligation bonds, the $750 million, and if the municipals [municipal employees] don’t get their pension obligation bonds, the $250 million, and these are dollars that we have borrowed from those respective groups over the last fifteen years, then the city doesn’t get the reforms,” the mayor said.Turner said that, even with those challenges, Houston is closer to resolving its fiscal problems than it has been since 2001. 00:00 /01:05 X